- Menubar » Tools » Vertex Tools² » Editing… » Auto-Smooth
- Vertex Mode » Context Menu » Auto-Smooth
When a face is deformed in such a way that its vertices are no longer coplanar, Sketchup Auto-Folds the face by adding new edges. These edges are normally not soft or smooth which as a result produce a faceted surface.
When Auto-Smooth is enabled these new edges will be softened and smoothed ensuring a continuous surface.
Lock UV Mapping
- Menubar » Tools » Vertex Tools² » Editing… » Lock UV Mapping
- Vertex Mode » Context Menu » Lock UV Mapping
When enabled it will lock the UV mapping of textured faces when manipulated. This works best on quads and triangles.
- Menubar » Tools » Vertex Tools² » Editing… » Show Normals
- Vertex Mode » Context Menu » Show Normals
Turn this on for visual clue representing the normals for the surfaces connected to the vertex. The normals point in the same direction as the front side of the connected faces.
- Menubar » Tools » Vertex Tools² » Editing… » Demo Mode
When enabled it the viewport will display which modifier keys are being pressed. This is meant to aid when making video tutorials.
SketchUp API limitations prevents from displaying the keystrokes for keyboard shortcuts.